I mentioned in the About Us section that my Grandad once had a Herald he managed to put on it’s roof, I though’t I’d share some pictures I have here.
Before Christmas we started work on the roof, this continued on New Years Eve as planned…
One big job we have known about since day one is the roof, we bought the car with the C pillars chopped off at half their height and some questionable replacement C pillars included.
The car stayed dormant in my garage for the rest of 2016, but at the start of this year we made a big list of parts to order, and made a start. The first task was to take the body off, so just the chassis and bulkhead could be taken to my uncle’s house, where the rest of the restoration work would take place. This happened mid January.
The body came off with ease and was left in the garage until the chassis work was completed: